Friday, February 20, 2009

SKIING - one last time. Jack and I went skiing during Alex's last day at the GRCC Laboratory Preschool. We will miss Alex's teachers but that is another story. So, we spent most of the morning getting ready to go skiing (anyone who has taken their kids skiing knows what I am talking about). We finally made it to Cannonsburg about 11:15 am. I paid and we got our ski boots on and headed towards the ski lift. I put Jack's skis on first, then I proceeded to try to put my skis on - no luck. My binding was broke. What a bummer. After finding out that a binding was worth more than my skis - I rented skis and Jack and I finally made it skiing. We did not last too long as it was freezing that day.

Jack loves riding the ski lift. Everytime we go past a picture of a rhino on the ski lift, he loves to point out "the dinosaur." We usually have an argument regarding whether a rhino is a dinosaur. I guess it looks like a triceratops to him. Jack also wants to go over the bumps, i.e. jumps - maybe with Daddy. That is not my cup of tea. Jack is going to take off skiing soon. It looks like I will be buying used skis next fall.


We spent Friday doing some art projects. I am looking forward to putting the pictures up in the bonus room. Jack made a picture of a castle. Alex would rather put the paint in his mouth but he did make a few marks. And we officially put away his highchair. It is so nice having him sit at the table for dinner. I think he likes it too - he loved to point out his peas at dinner. Austin is particularly happy since he is a little closer to Alex.






No comments: