Saturday, February 12, 2011









Samantha is 10 months old and getting into everything!!!  She loves the cupboards in the kitchen, especially the lazy susan.  There are all kinds of good things in there!  She has to try everything out.  On February 12, Samantha gave us some big wet kisses.  I think she takes some cues from Austin's kisses.  She has since given some out to her brothers too.  As for Austin, she head buts him for affection and goes after his bones.  It is cute.  The boys still fight over who gets to hold her.  It is almost like they get up in the morning and race to ask who gets to hold her first.  I want to hold her - No, I want to hold her.  

On February 18, Samantha was crawling towards me and I swear that I heard Ma, Ma.  A small mountain compared to saying her name.  She is still all smiles and just kicks nonstop when you are changing her.  She loves to sharpen her teeth on the train table - we now have several dents in the table - she loves to torment her brothers as they play with the trains by grabbing the bridges and wrecking them.  

Alex was not too happy when we brought up the car that helps the little ones learn to walk - he keeps on calling it his car.  It is hard to let some things go.  Samantha has not taken too much interest in it - just kind of walking with her knees.  Samantha was sick with a stomach bug this past week - she was really clingy and just wanted to be near someone.  Daddy, however, thought it was the perfect time to use the Dr. Spock method of teaching her to go to sleep on her own.  Nice timing.  I hope she feels better soon.  

Alex also had a stomach bug.  As he puts it, he went "poop in his bed."   He wants to go to the hospital and play the remote control car game.  I don't think the boys will ever forget that.  When we say our prayers at night, Alex is always thankful for Miss Barb and school.  I can only imagine that he is so happy that he can communicate.  Jack mentioned that he was thankful for dinosaurs.

No comments: